Okami as anime?
Poll
Question: In what form will Okami be best?
Game - 16 (43.2%)
Anime - 11 (29.7%)
Movie - 8 (21.6%)
Short Film - 0 (0%)
None of the above (dont mind to share?) - 2 (5.4%)

Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okami as anime?  (Read 7913 times)
:~*Tsukiyomi*~:
Wolf Watcher

Email
« on: May 01, 2007, 04:02:39 AM »

What do you think would happen if Okami were an anime?
WanderingIssun
Unactive
Wolf Watcher

"Leap before you think!"

wanderingissun@hotmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:43:34 AM »

The weird thing is that I've always thought this game would make a great anime show. The structure of the game; lots of adventures in different towns, helping different people and fighting various bosses reminds me of shows like Inuyasha. And some of the characters (read: Issun) are funny as hell, perfect for the occasional comic relief. I'd also like to see an Okami manga some day.

"It was probably when I first thought about how wonderful it might be to be someone who touches others through his creations that I found my inspiration." - Fumito Ueda
Sakuya
Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »

An anime would be really interesting, story-wise. But it could be difficult to pull off the level of detail and beautiful artwork in every scene. D: I think a manga would be very beautiful - perhaps even a coloured graphic novel? o:
Nate
Celestial Envoy

Mmmm...watermarks

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »

What do you think would happen if Okami were an anime?

She would be fine, but Issun might abuse his newfound Super Saiyan abilities.

All kidding aside, I think it would make a wonderful anime (or a manga, as some of you suggested).  Anime with that art style would be incredible to watch.  Just as long as they're careful with the voice actors. >_>

WanderingIssun
Unactive
Wolf Watcher

"Leap before you think!"

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:31:57 AM »

That picture made my day! And it's still 7.30 in the morning!

"It was probably when I first thought about how wonderful it might be to be someone who touches others through his creations that I found my inspiration." - Fumito Ueda
Sakuya
Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »

Anime with that art style would be incredible to watch.  Just as long as they're careful with the voice actors. >_>
And as long as they never, ever dub it into English.

..hahah that picture. xD
Wolf Watcher

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:02:14 AM »

Hahaha! Issun as Vegeta!

Why is it that all great anime shows are better in Japanese anyway?
Nate
Celestial Envoy

Mmmm...watermarks

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »

^ Because the English voice actors often make it a lot cheesier than it should be.  Not always, but often.

Sakuya
Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »

The English/American voice actors seem to always be so crummy. :Smiley
Wolf Watcher

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 02:42:24 AM »

Acutally I always thought that some of the English voice actors were pretty good (DON'T HURT MEEEEEE!!!!). I think that the reason that most think English voice people make the anime bad is because the TV people always hire the wrong guys! Tongue
WanderingIssun
Unactive
Wolf Watcher

"Leap before you think!"

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 06:20:14 AM »

Or because people are used to the Japanese counterparts.

Tao trooper girl
Wolf Watcher

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »

Hahaha, the over nine thousand meme XD

Honestly, I'd love to see an Okami manga. I doubt it'll ever be released considering it's more normal for big franchises in Japan to have them (Zelda, Kingdom Hearts), and Okami isn't that popular there. But it'd be awesome. I've really liked the Zelda manga versions I could read.

On anime, I want to see GHIBLI Studios animate this baby into a movie. I mean, they've already done wolves, anthropomorphic (and not) animals, dragons, creepy creatures and monsters, flying people, forests, futuristic technology. And their animation and music and backgrounds are just gorgeous enough. Of course, knowing Hayao Miyazaki's obsessions with machine vs. nature they could make a lot of emphasis on the stuff on the Moon Tribe and the Celestials and the Oina, because that's their kind of thing. But yeah, it could take valuable screentime for other things and characters, even if it's so important for the main game plot.

RE: dub vs. sub. Sometimes dubs are good, sometimes they're not. I normally watch anime subtitled if I can, but it's more because I like subs than the voices being or not annoying. Hell, there has been times I've liked a local VA better than the seiyuu, so it's a case-on-case thing for me.

Today's prophecy: It takes two to tango, but at least three for a good conga line.

&&  Tao Master Special Investigation Troop &&
Aradocuus
Amaterasu's Witness

"Hentai solves everything"

therpggod@hotmail.com LordOfPurpleKeep
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 06:07:01 AM »

She would be fine, but Issun might abuse his newfound Super Saiyan abilities.
Beware rules 1 and 2

Anyway, I like the idea of Okami as a manga rather than anime mostly because adding voices (English or otherwise) would drastically change the atmosphere.  They didn't add voices to LoZ: Twilight Princess for that reason.

On a final note, English dubs are usually bad because of censorship and/or bad translations.  Even anime that have perfect voice actors, sometimes the localization messes with the script and alters the story somewhat.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:34:48 AM by Aradocuus » Logged

Fox_Techno
Celestial Envoy

PS3 PSN code- Fox_Techno

technofoxs@gmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 08:23:28 PM »

One bad thing, is if it was ever made, and the English dubs was not an option, i wouldn't have a clue what there saying, lol.

Or does everyone like subtitles.

Anyway if it was ever made hope it never gets turned into a kids manga cartoon like Sonic X, I cant stand that sort of cartoons.

does anybody watch anime films like the studio Ghibli collection, like Howls moving castle, spirited away, Princess mononoke,
If Okami was put onto that sort of cartoon style i think it would be great film or programs to watch.

Aradocuus
Amaterasu's Witness

"Hentai solves everything"

therpggod@hotmail.com LordOfPurpleKeep
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 08:43:11 AM »

I don't even try to watch Japanese language without subtitles.  And yes, a kid's sereis would be abominable.

The only of those I've seen was monoke (great movie), though I've heard Spirited Away was really good too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: